Mailing List Archive

Re: Your paper: Improving Passive Packet Capture
Robert,
epoll won't help at all because in order to use it I need to issue
syscall that have a big latency when the system is loaded (e.g. when
capturing many packets). The problem is not the method (epoll could be
more efficient than poll) but the latency involved.

Cheers, Luca

--
Luca Deri <deri@ntop.org> http://luca.ntop.org/
Hacker: someone who loves to program and enjoys being