Mailing List Archive

Re: Question about "Improving Passive Packet Capture: Beyond Device Polling"
William,
as you might know PF_RING is enabled on an interface you need a patched
libpcap [.you need to apply it to the standard pcap not to pcap-mmap]
(the one you apparently built) for grabbing packets. It seems to me that
there's something wrong on your setup.

Qeustions:
1. did you do "insmod ring" ?
2. when you start your recompiled apps do you see messages like "RING:
numPollCalls=3227 [1.0 packets/call]"? If not then you believe you're
using PF_RING but you don't really use it.

--
Luca Deri <deri@ntop.org> http://luca.ntop.org/
Hacker: someone who loves to program and enjoys being