Mailing List Archive

Secondary DNS issues with Linode
I have a zone that gets dynamic updates on my server and then the Linode
ns[1-5].linode.com (which I believe are managed by Cloudflare) are
secondaries, but the Linode servers aren't properly propagating the
updated data. I made a change over an hour ago, yet most queries to the
Linode servers are still returning the old data. It varies because
there is more than on server handling requests for each IP (so sometimes
I do see the updated data, but not most of the time).

I see the IXFRs in my logs, but they don't seem to be properly
distributing the updated zones in their systems. This is keeping me
from getting a Let's Encrypt DNS-01 validated cert right now.

These updates normally take 1-2 minutes to propagate.

I've opened a Linode ticket but haven't had any response.

--
Chris Adams <cma@cmadams.net>