Mailing List Archive

Spectrum (and possibly AT&T and VZW) outage in Dane County WI
At about 11:20pm central time, we lost certain Charter/Spectrum fiber services at our corporate campus in Verona WI. The two fiber circuits that went down are used as backhaul for Verizon and AT&T from our in-house cellular system (I don't have any visibility in to the sizes or where they go). Other fiber services that we have with Spectrum, including Internet and SIP, are still up.

I just received an update from Spectrum stating that they have engaged Spectrum Construction to locate a possible fiber cut.

I'm also receiving anecdotal reports from coworkers of coinciding problems with:

* Verizon and AT&T cell phone services in the area surrounding but outside of our corporate campus
* Spectrum home Internet outages, including in neighboring Mount Horeb, WI

If you've got any intel or accompanying observations, I'd be interested in hearing from you either directly or via outages-discuss.

===
Jeremy Charles
Epic's Computer and Technology Services Division
jcharles@epic.com<mailto:jcharles@epic.com>
608-271-9000