Mailing List Archive

3356 does not WITHDRAW bgp routes
As previously mentioned by Stephen Flynn, 3356 does not WITHDRAW stale
bgp routes, can be confirmed with AT&T's route server at (telnet
route-server.ip.att.net).

Stale routes from 1 hour + are still announced by 3356.

This is causing blackholing.
Re: 3356 does not WITHDRAW bgp routes [ In reply to ]
Seeing the same thing - shut a peer, still seeing those routes via
3356 across multiple route-servers & looking glasses.

So, do we disconnect 3356 and suffer the blackhole in hopes that it
will eventually withdraw those routes, or leave it on to prevent
blackholing but suffer massive packet loss to other carriers? Wow.

Re: 3356 does not WITHDRAW bgp routes [ In reply to ]
I tried bringing two circuits back up hoping to not have blackholing, one never left idle, the other received <2000 routes, which I know from prior outages to mean that the entire region (Tampa Bay) has been BGP isolated from the rest of their network. Good times...

Re: 3356 does not WITHDRAW bgp routes [ In reply to ]
Watching closely, after applying ^3356$ on our inbound routes, I can
see that they are bouncing sessions and slowly adding in prefixes -- I
have 17x 3356-originated routes in PA, and 893x in CO. And they have
reset the PA BGP session numerous times.