users")

thanks,
/sf
ATT wireless LA-area outage [ In reply to ]
as somebody more observant pointed out, LA can mean many things - Los
Angeles, in this case.

/sf

ATT wireless LA-area outage [ In reply to ]
On 5/27/10 5:16 PM, Scott Francis wrote:
> looking for details - just received word of an unspecified ATT outage in
> the LA area that may cause interruptions in cellular phone coverage (in
> the event this represents a departure from your typical ATT wireless
> service :))
>
> anybody have further details? our corp IT folks were frustratingly short
> on specifics (other than the obvious "may affect BlackBerry users")

Nothing official but I was in the area (San Fernando Valley - Van Nuys)
and had good 3G data but no voice service. Initially good signal
strength but an intercept stating call could not be completed at this
time, then went to no bars strength and "out of range". 3G data
continued to work throughout. Timeframe roughly 1530 to 1700 PDT.
Cleared up shortly thereafter or I drove out of the affected area
(northbound 101 towards Ventura).

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net
Impulse Internet Service - http://www.impulse.net/
ATT wireless LA-area outage [ In reply to ]
On May 27, 2010, at 20:40, Jay Hennigan <jay at west.net> wrote:

> Nothing official but I was in the area (San Fernando Valley - Van
> Nuys)
> and had good 3G data but no voice service. Initially good signal
> strength but an intercept stating call could not be completed at this
> time, then went to no bars strength and "out of range". 3G data
> continued to work throughout. Timeframe roughly 1530 to 1700 PDT.
> Cleared up shortly thereafter or I drove out of the affected area
> (northbound 101 towards Ventura).

thanks, Jay. I got confirmation yesterday that BB email delivery was
also affected, and that the situation appears to have been resolved
now (email has begun flooding in again).

(I'm out around Thousand Oaks and had no interruptions in mail or data
on an ATT iPhone, but didn't check on voice.)

/sf