Mailing List Archive

Hotmail down again?
Is anyone else seeing "connection refused" from hotmail?

~Seth
Hotmail down again? [ In reply to ]
no

----- Original Message ----
From: Seth Mattinen <sethm@rollernet.us>
To: "outages at outages.org" <outages at outages.org>
Sent: Thu, March 25, 2010 4:14:28 PM
Subject: [outages] Hotmail down again?

Hotmail down again? [ In reply to ]
Seth,

On 03/25/2010 10:14 AM, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> Is anyone else seeing "connection refused" from hotmail?

Not seeing connections refused, but am just starting now to see mail backup
in the queues here for Hotmail addresses with read errors at, at least,
mx1.hotmail.com, mx2.hotmail.com, mx3.hotmail.com, and mx4.hotmail.com.

Chris
Hotmail down again? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:
> Is anyone else seeing "connection refused" from hotmail?

Yes, we're seeing the same for the hotmail.com, msn.com, and live.com
domains from the Twin Cities, MN via Onvoy.

-Erik
Hotmail down again? [ In reply to ]
Nope, not from here.

Hotmail down again? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Erik Anderson <erikerik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:
>> Is anyone else seeing "connection refused" from hotmail?
>
> Yes, we're seeing the same for the hotmail.com, msn.com, and live.com
> domains from the Twin Cities, MN via Onvoy.

Looks like it's working again now (at least temporarliy). Our MS-bound
outbound queues emptied out just a couple of minutes ago.
Hotmail down again? [ In reply to ]
We're seeing e-mail to them build up in our outbound queue....

Frank

Hotmail down again? [ In reply to ]
On 3/25/10 9:28 AM, Erik Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Erik Anderson <erikerik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:
>>> Is anyone else seeing "connection refused" from hotmail?
>>
>> Yes, we're seeing the same for the hotmail.com, msn.com, and live.com
>> domains from the Twin Cities, MN via Onvoy.
>
> Looks like it's working again now (at least temporarliy). Our MS-bound
> outbound queues emptied out just a couple of minutes ago.

Yeah my queue just dropped below the high water mark shortly after I
sent my original email. I was seeing a mix of:

lost connection with mx3.hotmail.com[65.54.188.72] while receiving the
initial server greeting

connect to mx3.hotmail.com[65.55.37.72]:25: Connection refused

~Seth