gmail.com servers? I can ping them fine - but fail connections via web-mail,
pop3 and imap.

Chris
gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
Yes, this is a known problem:

http://www.google.com/appsstatus#rm=1&di=1&hl=en

--Quentin

gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
Chris,

Yes Google is having issues via MAIL. You can see that via their status
page.

http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en

Gmail is listed as a service outage right now.

Adam

gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
I'm having the same issue, appears to have started around 5 minutes ago.
Downforeveryoneorjustme lists it as down as well.

Andrew Davis
WestGate Information Technology & Support

gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
Alert!: HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway

Los Angeles

-Daniel

gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
SMTP does seem to be working.

gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
From [http://www.google.com/appsstatus#rm=1&di=1&hl=en]:
-----
We're aware of a problem with Google Mail affecting a majority of users.
The affected users are unable to access Google Mail. We are continuing
to investigate this issue. We will provide an update by September 1,
2009 2:16:00 PM UTC-7 detailing when we expect to resolve the problem.
Users can access their email via IMAP or POP.
-----

Cheers,
-Christoph

gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
Side note - Could this be related in any way to the dell.com outage? Are we
looking at a wider internet outage?

gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
This email came to you via google imap

Per the status page they have a full outage for mail services.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
I'm receiving mail via pop from google on my BB.

gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
IMAP is a receive only protocol, so no, you didn't 'send' the message via IMAP.

gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
FWIW, it seems to be coming back (at least for me) now. Am sending this
from webmail as we speak.

I have been able to access it without any problems using IMAP the entire
time, though.

--
Jeremy G. Gault, KD4NED
Network Administrator
gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
Back up for me as well

gmail.com pop/web/imap out? [ In reply to ]
Seems to be working from AS209 in minneapolis.

Dylan Ebner