Mailing List Archive

Fiber cut in SF area
Yeah, that's about the right amount of time to crawl out of a man hole,
cover it back up, get in the car, drive to a 24 hour starbucks, pick up some
coffee and drive up to San Carlos, open man-hole, repeat process...

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 12:31 PM, George William Herbert
<gherbert at retro.com>wrote:

> I had written in a NANOG reply:
> >Mike Lyon writes:
> >Anyone know where the actual cut is?
> >
> >According to SF Chronicle:
> >
> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/09/BAP816VTE6.DTL&tsp=1
> >
> >"The fiber-optic cables were severed shortly before 1:30 a.m. along
> Monterey
> >Highway north of Blossom Hill Road in south San Jose, police Sgt. Ronnie
> Lopez
> >said."
> >
> >Vicintity of 121.81 W 37.26 N, but I have no idea specifically where in
> that
> >general area. There are train tracks through there, could well be
> >a vault along the train tracks alongside Monterey Highway. But I don't
> >know specifically where the AT&T fiber runs down there.
>
> Additional news stories reporting second fiber cut on Sprint fiber
> in San Carlos, between San Francisco and San Jose, the SF Gate article
> above
> was updated at 12:20pm with that information.
>
> San Jose cut at around 1:30am, San Carlos around 3:30am.
>

> -george

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Fiber cut in SF area [ In reply to ]