Mailing List Archive

Internet Outage in Samoa
No Internet access during Xmas

For the last four days ? since Christmas to be exact ? the Samoa Observer has not had access to the Internet. Both the Internet Caf? on Beach Road and the Vaitele editorial office were denied access.
Which means updating its website during that time was not possible.
The problem is that its Internet host Computer Services Ltd (CSL) has struck some problems of its own.

Business Development Manager, Dave Main, said three power outages on Christmas Day caused ?massive damage? to their equipment.
They have been working virtually non-stop since to restore their system to normal working order.

As of late afternoon yesterday , three quarters of their system had been restored, Mr Main said.
?A lot of things have either been repaired or replaced in the last couple of days,? he said.
The last quarter of their system would be restored ?sometime tonight ? (last night).

It required re-establishing the link between a tower to Apia city.
?We?re trying to repair one tower with the parts of another. Just bear with us.?
So to produce the paper you are now reading, we had to rely on services provided by Clicknet at Saleufi and iPlay at the Nia Mall, to whom we say thank you.

So let?s hope our host?s problems will be sorted out soon.