Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra at baylink.com
Designer The Things I Think RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates http://baylink.pitas.com '87 e24
St Petersburg FL USA http://photo.imageinc.us +1 727 647 1274

Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
-- (Joseph Stalin)
ICQ: Blocking third-party clients [ In reply to ]
Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> According to an ICQ.com forum thread, linked to by Slashdot, ICQ has
> reportedly started blocking third-party chat clients, such as pidgin.

FWIW, I'm currently logged in via Trillian with no issues.

Andrew
ICQ: Blocking third-party clients [ In reply to ]
Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> According to an ICQ.com forum thread, linked to by Slashdot, ICQ has
> reportedly started blocking third-party chat clients, such as pidgin.

Pidgin released an updated today.. works just fine now.
ICQ: Blocking third-party clients [ In reply to ]
I think this only has to do with the version of ICQ the client emulates.
For example Adium version 1.2.5 emulates a version that is actually too
old and will not work. So I updated to 1.2.6 which was released yesterday
(YMMV) and was able to login without any issues. I think there is also an
older Adium client that works maybe 1.12 or so. Also, is this really an
outage??

Keegan Holley ? Network Engineer I ? SunGard Availability Services ?
401 North Broad St. Philadelphia, PA 19108 ? (215) 446-1242 ?
keegan.holley at sungard.com
Keeping People and Information Connected? ?
http://www.availability.sungard.com/

P Think before you print

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error,

"Jay R. Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com>
Sent by: outages-bounces at isotf.org
07/02/08 02:20 PM

outages at puck.nether.net
cc

Subject
[outages] ICQ: Blocking third-party clients

According to an ICQ.com forum thread, linked to by Slashdot, ICQ has
reportedly started blocking third-party chat clients, such as pidgin.

Users receive a message telling them their "client version is too old".

No further to date.

http://www.icq.com/forums/index.php?act=view_topic&group_id=400&topic_id=176034&forum_page=1

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/02/1331224&from=rss

Cheers,