on Spine to forward an interface within a vlan that is in EVPN-VXLAN?
I configured an irb.10 interface in VLAN 10 of spine 1 which is
Juniper, I configured the proxy-macadvertisement and the
virtual-gateway-accept-data, but I can't ping it from other points on
the network and I also don't see the arp for that interface in the
rest of the VM's despite the irb interface being up on the spine.
Has anyone by chance already set up something similar?
Thanks
Re: EVPN-VXLAN Interoperability [ In reply to ]
I found the solution in the Juniper interoperability documentation
here: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/nce/evpn-vxlan-interop-between-nxos-and-junos-os/evpn-vxlan
-interop-between-nxos-and-junos-os.pdf
Basically you have to access the evpn address family in the
configuration root of the bgp router on the nexus and set the
following configuration:
bgp router 65000
address-family l2vpn evpn
allow-vni-in-ethertag
This configuration was because Nxos does not know how to handle a
vlan-based EVPN service type where the ethernet tag is not zero.