Router Newbie

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays! Snappier product search...
http://shopping.msn.com
auto-export vs rib-groups [ In reply to ]
R.N.,

Using auto-export is a lot more flexible than rib-groups both from a theoretical and experience point-of-view; rib-groups bring pain.

It's also easier to explain to others how the coupling between auto-export and policies work rather than try and explain how rib-groups import and export routes between VRFs (the configuration also changes depending on the protocol the route has been learned from).

Chris

Just an addendum, if you've got any IPVPN policies that once used a match on protocol bgp as well as a community, you'll need to remove that for routes you wish to import that are imported from the same node.