whole site gets blocked which we dont want.

Thanks

J.S.Grewal
Blocking a URL [ In reply to ]
No layer 3 device can do it

Blocking a URL [ In reply to ]
You should clarify that no *strictly* layer 3 device can do this. I do
believe that Cisco routers among other vendor switches (Foundry,
Extreme, etc.), can filter URLs like this user is requesting, which work
at layer 2 through 7.

-evt

Blocking a URL [ In reply to ]
Eric,

Don't forget the motto - "Performance Without Compromise". :) Session-layer
analysis usually imposes a huge performance hit.