command on a Cisco?

Link King
king@kinger.net
BGP disable/shutdown command [ In reply to ]
You can add an "inactive:" tag to both groups and individual neighbors
using the deactivate command. That's usually the easiest way and can be
used just about anywhere in the config.

/leg

BGP disable/shutdown command [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 07:29:12AM -0700, Link King wrote:
> I can see that there is a way to disable BGP entirely at the 'protocols
> bgp' level but is there a similar functionality at the group and/or
> neighbor level? Something similiar to a 'neighbor 10.10.10.10 shutdown'
> command on a Cisco?

Sadly not.

Only way is to deactivate the group / neighbor.

$ grep 'disable.*BGP' JunOS-featurerequests
- "disable" for BGP neighbors/groups

Regards,
Daniel
BGP disable/shutdown command [ In reply to ]
Try the deactivate command.

--kent

BGP disable/shutdown command [ In reply to ]
In config mode ... try :

deactivate protocols bgp group (group name) neighbor (neighbor address)

Umar.