thank you!

regards,
jonathan.
Junos 5.6 any field trial? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 07:37:06AM +0800, Jonathan Tse wrote:
> Is there anyone using it in live traffic with reasonable load? I would like
> to hear your comment on the stablity of Junos 5.6.

We've used it on an M5 that runs gigE, ATM OC3c, tunnel PIC, OSPF,
~50 BGP peers, IP multicast (running as the RP in a PIM domain), and
load on the gig side has risen to a couple hundred megs at least
(with filters/policiers slowing it down on the OC3c side) without
any major issues.

The one potential problem you'll want to be careful with is the
following:

PSN-2003-01-065
Memory leak during IP address resolution in JUNOS software Release 5.6R1

Note, this pertains only to 5.6 code built before January 17, 2003.

John
Junos 5.6 any field trial? [ In reply to ]
Hi John,

Thanks. What is the latest version now (with the patch number)?

Junos 5.6 any field trial? [ In reply to ]
On 2/10/03 6:47 PM, "John Kristoff" <jtk@depaul.edu> wrote:

> The one potential problem you'll want to be careful with is the
> following:
>
> PSN-2003-01-065
> Memory leak during IP address resolution in JUNOS software Release 5.6R1
>
> Note, this pertains only to 5.6 code built before January 17, 2003.
>
> John

Have you actually seen this happen?

Do you know what the exact situation that leads to this is?

--Phil
Junos 5.6 any field trial? [ In reply to ]
For a couple of weeks now, we've been running 5.6R1.3 (this is the most
current version AFAIK) with a dozen BGP sessions, and OC-3c and OC-12c and
GigE interfaces on an M20. Smooth as can be.

We don't do a lot of the weirder stuff, though, so there could be bugs
lurking somewhere, you never know. In my experience, it's always better
than Cisco.

Kevin

Junos 5.6 any field trial? [ In reply to ]
hi,

thanks for all the replied!

regards,
Jonathan.

Junos 5.6 any field trial? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 08:34:39PM -0500, Phil Rosenthal wrote:
> Have you actually seen this happen?
> Do you know what the exact situation that leads to this is?

I have not see any problems in my situation. The reason being that
the gig interface connected to a subnet that includes only one other
host and traffic between the two was continuous. Therefore, the
ARP table is always kept current, avoiding new ARP requests.

Not looking at the Juniper doc, I believe each new ARP entry eats
16 bytes of memory. Given enough ARPs, you can guess some likely
scenarios.

John