with a forwarding routing instances on JunOS but I haven't seen any
examples. Has anynone tried this? if so, can you fwd me the configuration
on the CE and PE, thanks.. and if not, is this not supported yet on JunOS?
Re: cisco's multivrf with routing instances.. is this possible? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 telecom@servidor.unam.mx wrote:
resending .. it seems that nobody got it

cisco's multivrf with routing instances.. is this possible? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 02:37:37PM -0500, telecom@servidor.unam.mx wrote:

> Hi everybody, I have a customer asking me whether is possible to
> configure something similar to cisco's multivrf feature, which is just a
> CE router with multiple l3 vpn vrfs. It seems to me that this is possible
> with a forwarding routing instances on JunOS but I haven't seen any
> examples. Has anynone tried this? if so, can you fwd me the configuration
> on the CE and PE, thanks.. and if not, is this not supported yet on JunOS?

Plenty got it, go read the documentation, L3 VPN's

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver, jesper(at)skriver(dot)dk - CCIE #5456
Senior network engineer @ AS3292, TDC Tele Danmark

cisco's multivrf with routing instances.. is this possible? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Jesper Skriver wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 02:37:37PM -0500, telecom@servidor.unam.mx wrote:
> >
> > Hi everybody, I have a customer asking me whether is possible to
> > configure something similar to cisco's multivrf feature, which is just a
> > CE router with multiple l3 vpn vrfs. It seems to me that this is possible
> > with a forwarding routing instances on JunOS but I haven't seen any
> > examples. Has anynone tried this? if so, can you fwd me the configuration
> > on the CE and PE, thanks.. and if not, is this not supported yet on JunOS?
>
> Plenty got it, go read the documentation, L3 VPN's

Sorry about the duplicated emails.. i just didnt get any for some time and
now im getting all .. and most of them duplicated..

Anyways, i have read the documentation.. and i can't find any example of a
CE router with multiple VRFs routing instances.. remember.. CE router.. so
no MBGP
Could you point me to where in the documentation specifies that this is
possible?.. thanks

cisco's multivrf with routing instances.. is this possible? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 05:25:51PM -0500, telecom@servidor.unam.mx wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Jesper Skriver wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 02:37:37PM -0500, telecom@servidor.unam.mx wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi everybody, I have a customer asking me whether is possible to
> > > configure something similar to cisco's multivrf feature, which is just a
> > > CE router with multiple l3 vpn vrfs. It seems to me that this is possible
> > > with a forwarding routing instances on JunOS but I haven't seen any
> > > examples. Has anynone tried this? if so, can you fwd me the configuration
> > > on the CE and PE, thanks.. and if not, is this not supported yet on JunOS?
> >
> > Plenty got it, go read the documentation, L3 VPN's
>
> Sorry about the duplicated emails.. i just didnt get any for some time and
> now im getting all .. and most of them duplicated..
>
> Anyways, i have read the documentation.. and i can't find any example of a
> CE router with multiple VRFs routing instances.. remember.. CE router.. so
> no MBGP

Yes ?

So don't configure BGP

> Could you point me to where in the documentation specifies that this is
> possible?.. thanks

/Jesper

cisco's multivrf with routing instances.. is this possible? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Jesper Skriver wrote:

Ok thanks Jesper... but i thought you said to look on the documentation..
is not there anymore?

I know that you can try any configuration you want on any vendor.. but for
small customers you always wanna go with what's officially supported and
documented.. Anybody else knows if this is officially supported? I heard
that Juniper only recommends source filtering for this type of scenarios..

Re: cisco's multivrf with routing instances.. is this possible? [ In reply to ]
> resending .. it seems that nobody got it

Perhaps they are still scratching their heads? :-)

I don't quite know what 'multivrf' is, but if a CE is connected
to a PE over multiple logical interfaces (sub-interfaces), each
interface can be in a different routing instance (i.e., vrf) in
JUNOS. Would that work?

Kireeti.