suggestion as to how to provide working IPv6?

--
Brandon Ewing nicotine@warningg.com
Re: AT&T IPv6 Res support [ In reply to ]
--- brandon.ewing@warningg.com wrote:

I am unable to ping6 from remote servers to my home PC. From
my home gateway's config screen I have disabled the packet filter,
and from the firewall advanced screen, I have ensured that the
reflexive ACL is disabled, which SHOULD allow inbound packets
regardless of state settings.

Can you sniff the WAN port to see if they're making it to your
demarc?

scott
Re: AT&T IPv6 Res support [ In reply to ]
Brandon, I also have IPv6 enabled on my AT&T Uverse 2-wire 3800 modem and
cannot initiate an inbound v6 connection. I do have full outbound v6
connectivity and rsync my locally hosted website to a cloud machine with
full IPv6 / v4 serving at a much higher bandwidth that I can get from
AT&T. I too have disabled the 2-wire's firewall but still have found it
locked from the outside. My 2-wire service is IPv6rd and I do have a /29
static IPv4 that is enabled. I'll follow your discussion as my experience
is similar to yours and I've fooled around with it for far too long to
justify the cost savings of eliminating the $10 cloud service.

Amicalement,
Dave
--
Maple Park Development
Linux Systems Integration

If IP addresses weighed one gram each:
IPv4 = half the Empire State Building vs. IPv6 = 56 billion earths

I use Linux and I wouldn't touch Outlook even if I were using a Hazmat suit
and an isolation lab kit.

Re: AT&T IPv6 Res support [ In reply to ]
Brandon Ewing <brandon.ewing@warningg.com> writes:
> I am able to ping6 from my home PC to all remote servers. I am unable to
> ping6 from remote servers to my home PC. From my home gateway's config
> screen I have disabled the packet filter, and from the firewall advanced
> screen, I have ensured that the reflexive ACL is disabled, which SHOULD
> allow inbound packets regardless of state settings.

Are you sure the ISP isn't blocking all incoming connections with a
second set of hidden filters? I see the same thing on a friend's
Comcast provided modem. Even with the user accessible firewall
disabled incoming ipv6 connections simply never show up on the lan.
Outgoing connections work fine.

-wolfgang
Re: AT&T IPv6 Res support [ In reply to ]
An interesting thread from September discussed a bunch of ISP security
procedures:
http://lists.cluenet.de/pipermail/ipv6-ops/2016-September/011047.html

I think I'll have to just bridge the AT&T router to get "net neutrality".
And I don't want to either but not much available here in St. Louis.

Amicalement,
Dave
--
Maple Park Development
Linux Systems Integration
http://www.maplepark.com/

If IP addresses weighed one gram each:
IPv4 = half the Empire State Building vs. IPv6 = 56 billion earths

I use Linux and I wouldn't touch Outlook even if I were using a Hazmat suit
and an isolation lab kit.

Re: AT&T IPv6 Res support [ In reply to ]
I've also had the same issue on AT&T FTTH service with a Pace 5268AC RG.
While you can (mostly) disable the v4 firewall, there's no way I've found
to disable the stateful inbound v6 filter. I'm pretty sure that their
front-end tech support would be a dead-end on getting this fixed,
unfortunately that leaves us stuck with half-working v6 :/
-e

Re: AT&T IPv6 Res support [ In reply to ]
˵ÖÐÎÄ