Anyone have any insight?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson email: swmike@swm.pp.se
Re: Windows 10 + VLC + IPv6 SSM [ In reply to ]
On 12.02.2016 13:55, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> Hi,

Hi

> Anyone have any insight?

They broke IPv6 multicast streaming in VLC version 2.0.6. It works in
version 2.0.5 although it required that you opened for ICMPv6 type 143
outgoing in the windows firewall (at least in Windows 7) in order to get
SSM to work. ASM worked fine iirc.

I opened a ticket with the Videolan team 15 months ago, but the ticket
hasn't received much attention:
https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/13071

--
Harald
Re: Windows 10 + VLC + IPv6 SSM [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 21 Feb 2016, Harald F. Karlsen wrote:

> They broke IPv6 multicast streaming in VLC version 2.0.6. It works in
> version 2.0.5 although it required that you opened for ICMPv6 type 143
> outgoing in the windows firewall (at least in Windows 7) in order to get
> SSM to work. ASM worked fine iirc.
>
> I opened a ticket with the Videolan team 15 months ago, but the ticket
> hasn't received much attention:
> https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/13071

Thanks a lot for this info.

I have now verified that VLC 2.0.5 indeed works on Windows 10 (at least if
I join the stream from a Linux box on the same subnet as the windows
machine), and VLC 2.0.6 gives an immediate error when trying to open the
same URL/stream.

I will send in this comment in the ticket.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson email: swmike@swm.pp.se