themselves.

NTT/Verio I'm aware of; anyone using them or aware of other options?

(Happy to hear sales pitches off list, provided they're plain text
email.)

J.

--
[ How I wish, how I wish you were here. ]
[ http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/ - IPv6 enabled ADSL/dialup/colo ]
London, UK IPv6 transit recommendations [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 04:32:32PM +0100, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for IPv6 transit providers who can
> offer service in London? We're currently hooked up to Tiscali and very
> happy with them, but want a second provider for redundancy; we have some
> peerings that help, but really want someone with a native network
> themselves.
>
> NTT/Verio I'm aware of; anyone using them or aware of other options?
>
> (Happy to hear sales pitches off list, provided they're plain text
> email.)
>
> J.
>
> --
> [ How I wish, how I wish you were here. ]
> [ http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/ - IPv6 enabled ADSL/dialup/colo ]

AS1273 / Cable & Wireless runs an excellent IPv6 (native) network with
extensive set of BGP communities. Not a single v6 backbone I ever know of
even offer this level of service to their customers to date (Verio probably
does too, but I'm not very familiar with their v6 service yet). CW is
present at London too.

James

--
James Jun
Infrastructure and Technology Services
London, UK IPv6 transit recommendations [ In reply to ]
My experience in different European countries has been very good with:

- C&W
- Global Crossing
- Open Transit
- Telecom Italia (Sparkle/Nautilius)
- Teleglobe
- Telia Sonera
- TIWS (Telefonica International Wholesales)

(pure alphabetic order so no preference shown here, and I hope I don't
forgot anyone)

But you need to check local availability/pricing in each case for native or
tunneled service, which may depend on the PoP/interface type. I'm not sure
if BT offers already a commercial service or is only available through UK6X
(which proven to be very good also).

Here also about Level3, but not tried myself (will be happy to have some
feedback).

I have got very good comments also from NTT/Verio.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Jonathan McDowell <noodles@blackcatnetworks.co.uk>
> Responder a: <ipv6-ops-bounces+jordi.palet=consulintel.es@lists.cluenet.de>
> Fecha: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:32:32 +0100
> Para: "ipv6-ops@lists.cluenet.de" <ipv6-ops@lists.cluenet.de>
> Asunto: London, UK IPv6 transit recommendations
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for IPv6 transit providers who can
> offer service in London? We're currently hooked up to Tiscali and very
> happy with them, but want a second provider for redundancy; we have some
> peerings that help, but really want someone with a native network
> themselves.
>
> NTT/Verio I'm aware of; anyone using them or aware of other options?
>
> (Happy to hear sales pitches off list, provided they're plain text
> email.)
>
> J.
>
> --
> [ How I wish, how I wish you were here. ]
> [ http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/ - IPv6 enabled ADSL/dialup/colo ]

************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Information available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

London, UK IPv6 transit recommendations [ In reply to ]
Jordi,

how many kilometres above earth is that view from? How much
applicable is that to a small port in London? Your mail
looks/ sounds like marketing talk, I am sorry. And I guess
Jonathan already got some sales people sent his way. ,-)

Regards,
Alexander

[cut]
London, UK IPv6 transit recommendations [ In reply to ]
Hi Alexander,

I know all this people is present in London, so the number of kilometers
should be really short ;-)

I think I must say, next time, I've no special commercial relation with any
of those, neither will get commissions or anything like that. Was only
trying to make a summary of my knowledge of what is available, not a
marketing speech.

I didn't included Tiscali in the list, because it was clear that it was
already an available choice.

Regards,
Jordi

************************************

London, UK IPv6 transit recommendations [ In reply to ]
Jordi, All,

since this comes up and is interesting also for me:
In what way / how far are these networks offering native
IPv6 'not just in the core' or 'on most routers', but
especially in all POPs, even those only for customer
aggregation?

FT/Opentransit - not sure, mostly native if not all native by now
C+W - AS 1273 is native, not sure how much of in- country UK they cover
NTT/Verio - known thing, all native
Teleglobe - unsure, mostly native
Telecom Italia Sparkle - unsure, native... (somehow[tm])
Telefonica - unsure, native... (somehow[tm])
Sprint - tunnels for the desperate with full routes or nothing (argh)
Global Crossing - mostly tunnels
Telia - last I know is using tunnels
Level3 - unsure, but started offering IPv6, too early to say I think

Who else? 12702 exists, but had some E1 circuits two years
ago between their nodes in UK/NL/DE... *cough*

There might be several local networks, sure, but I am
thinking more of the European backbones.

I will leave out my employer's network, and did not intend
my previous mail to be picking on that aspect.

Does anyone want to comment? I can and will summarise if you
send things to me. Might save on spam^Wmails...

Alexander
London, UK IPv6 transit recommendations [ In reply to ]
On Aug 08, Alexander Koch <koch@tiscali.net> wrote:

> Telecom Italia Sparkle - unsure, native... (somehow[tm])
TI only has a partial view of the Internet.

> Global Crossing - mostly tunnels
I understand that they are currently moving to a native setup.

> Level3 - unsure, but started offering IPv6, too early to say I think
Currently being tested by some customers, they say that tunneled service
will be available very soon to all customers and it will become native
"later this year".

--
ciao,
Marco