Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Information available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

Contacts for Qwest and Savvis ? [ In reply to ]
JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Someone has the right contacts (or are them in the list) for IPv6 in Qwest
> and Savvis ?
>
> One of our customers need to have the IPv6 service activated.
>
> (same answers as a few days ago apply here, is a commercial customer, and we
> will prefer native service).
>
> Regards,
> Jordi

I'm not certain, but I do not believe Qwest is doing IPv6 for their
customers; however it does seem they have production /35 space...

-M
--
Michael Nicks
Guruassist, LLC.
Contacts for Qwest and Savvis ? [ In reply to ]
On 20 jul 2005, at 00.46, Michael Nicks wrote:

> JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> Someone has the right contacts (or are them in the list) for IPv6
>> in Qwest
>> and Savvis ?
>> One of our customers need to have the IPv6 service activated.
>> (same answers as a few days ago apply here, is a commercial
>> customer, and we
>> will prefer native service).
>> Regards,
>> Jordi
>>

> I'm not certain, but I do not believe Qwest is doing IPv6 for their
> customers; however it does seem they have production /35 space...

At least when I was at KPNQwest they did have an IPv6 network. We can
then have a lengthy argument of what is to be considered production
network and what is production traffic :-)

- kurtis -
Contacts for Qwest and Savvis ? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 07:59:54AM +0200, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

[ snip ]

> At least when I was at KPNQwest they did have an IPv6 network. We can
> then have a lengthy argument of what is to be considered production
> network and what is production traffic :-)

The AS209 network used to have an IPv6 overlay trial network back in around
2001-2002 or so, if I recall correctly. They even joined exchanges like NY6IX
and PAIX for v6 peering. But it appears all of that is gone/gone now. May be
they are doing some cost containment since the telecom dot bubble in 2002? ;-)

Now they are just announcing a /35 subnet of their /32 alloc out of their Denver
lab Cisco router.

James

--
James Jun