Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Information available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

SPRINT, MCI and COGENT contacts [ In reply to ]
On 15-jul-2005, at 1:00, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

> I'm looking for updated technical contacts at SPRINT, MCI and COGENT.

> We have some networks in Latin America and Caribbean regions, among
> others,
> that will require IPv6 support.

> Hopefully they are on this list or somebody else can point me to
> them ?

Jordi,

Why don't you post this on NANOG? There is a much bigger chance that
the right contacts are on that list, and it doesn't hurt if everyone
sees there are actually people out there who want IPv6, either. :-)

Iljitsch
SPRINT, MCI and COGENT contacts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 01:37:47AM +0200, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> Why don't you post this on NANOG? There is a much bigger chance that
> the right contacts are on that list,

Not really. I know of many IPv6 folks who don't monitor the North
American Noise and Offtopic Gripes. :-)

Looking at the ~400 entry subscriber list of ipv6-ops, I'm sure
your chances to find actually responsible IPv6 folks here is quite
good. :-)

Regards,
Daniel

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: dr@cluenet.de -- dr@IRCnet -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0
SPRINT, MCI and COGENT contacts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 01:00:19AM +0200, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for updated technical contacts at SPRINT, MCI and COGENT.
>
> We have some networks in Latin America and Caribbean regions, among others,
> that will require IPv6 support.
>
> Hopefully they are on this list or somebody else can point me to them ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Jordi

Jordi,

Have you also considered joining NAP of The Americas in Miami? (http://www.napoftheamericas.net)
Several Latin American and Carribean networks seem to choose Miami as their headend for Internet transit.

There are currently five IPv6 players[1] on the NOTA exchange right now, including us. We'll be happy to give you transit if you can meet there.

[1]: Current players: Host.net/BroadbandONE, OCCAID, AMPATH/FIU, France Telecom, Telecom Italia Sparkle

Thanks,
James

--
James Jun
Infrastructure and Technology Services
SPRINT, MCI and COGENT contacts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for updated technical contacts at SPRINT, MCI and COGENT.

emea-ipv6@mci.com is the contact for AS12702

For Sprint you could try ipv6-support@sprint.net

Regards,
Gerrit

--
EMEA IP Engineering & Planning MCI Deutschland GmbH
eMail: Gerrit.Wenig@mci.com Sebrathweg 20
SPRINT, MCI and COGENT contacts [ In reply to ]
Hi Jordi,

If these networks are research/academic oriented they can easily connect
to CLARA network:
http://www.redclara.net/en/index.htm

Regards,
Janos Mohacsi

SPRINT, MCI and COGENT contacts [ In reply to ]
Hi James,

Because they are different customers connected to those upstream providers
and not to the NAP ;-), so obviously at the time being they prefer not to
have a new link if they can get IPv6 from the actual providers.

We are also helping the NAPs in the area to become IPv6 enabled.

Regards,
Jordi

SPRINT, MCI and COGENT contacts [ In reply to ]
Hi Janos,

Thanks ! I'm already in touch with CLARA for IPv6, of course ;-)

But I'm talking about non-academic networks in this case.

Regards,
Jordi