Apologize if you find this guestion stupid.

Regards
George
Rewrite VLAN ID [ In reply to ]
George Yalamov wrote:

> I'm new in Foundry yet but plan tu use FastIron Edge X Series. And I'm
> wondering how to rewrite VLAN ID on egress and ingress to one trunk
> port. let say that I have trunk port with multiple VLANs A, B, C and
> etc. Also have vlan D configured on the swtich. I want to bridge vlan B,
> C and D. Is it possible to do that ? Or to rewrite vlan ID C on ingress
> to D and on egress change vlan ID D to original ID C. My be there is a
> way to do that?
>
> Apologize if you find this guestion stupid.

AFAIK, it is not possible atm, you will have to change all your VLAN :(

A few ISP (myself included and at least one IX) have asked for this feature but
it would seems that it can/will not be implemented with the current ASIC. I
think the feature is "under consideration" at Foundry (if someone knows better
please stand up).

Thomas
--
Exa Networks Limited - UK - AS30740 - www.exa-networks.co.uk
nic-handle : MANG-RIPE website : thomas.mangin.me.uk

http://www.ispaawards.org.uk/categories/broadl_business.htm
http://www.ispaawards.org.uk/categories/BestBusiness.htm