Mailing List Archive

BGP: No path is selected as BEST route
Dear,

After running into a problem with a certain IP not being able to see content in our network, i started to do some testing and I found
that the router doesn't return a path from the BGP table for the destination.

>> SSH at ams-gs-rt1#show ip bgp 82.168.??.??
>> Number of BGP Routes matching display condition : 2
>> Status codes: s suppressed, d damped, h history, * valid, > best, i internal
>> Origin codes: i - IGP, e - EGP, ? - incomplete
>> Network Next Hop Metric LocPrf Weight Path
>> * 82.168.0.0/14 84.233.??.?? 110 0 8928 1299 3257 5615 i
>> * 82.168.0.0/14 217.170.??.?? 90 0 24785 20562 5615 i
>> No path is selected as BEST route

After some google-ing I found this mailinglist with this problem looking a lot like mine.
This was it's awnser:

>> You may want to take a look at the 'show default values' command to make
>> sure you have enough CAM allocated to the routing tables to support all
>> the routes you have. The config command 'system-max ip-route' will
>> allow you to change this, but requires a reboot.

This is my "show version" result:

SW: Version 07.6.06nT53 Copyright (c) 1996-2004 Foundry Networks, Inc.
Compiled on Aug 02 2005 at 16:29:19 labeled as B2P07606n
(2947988 bytes) from Primary B2P07606n.bin
HW: NetIron 400 Router, SYSIF version 21, Serial #: Non-exist
SL 1: B0GMR4 M4 Management Module, SYSIF 2, M4, ACTIVE
Serial #: CH01013008
8192 KB BRAM, SMC version 1, BM version 21
SL 2: B24E Copper Switch Module
Serial #: Non-exist
2048 KB BRAM, SMC version 2, BM version 21
256 KB PRAM(256K+0K) and 2048*8 CAM entries for DMA 4, version 0808
256 KB PRAM(256K+0K) and shared CAM entries for DMA 5, version 0808
256 KB PRAM(256K+0K) and shared CAM entries for DMA 6, version 0808
Active management module:
466 MHz Power PC processor 750 (version 8/8302) 66 MHz bus
512 KB boot flash memory
8192 KB code flash memory
256 KB SRAM
512 MB DRAM
The system uptime is 42 days 2 hours 41 minutes 52 seconds

My question:
Do I need to do a software update in able to fix the routing problem?
(Cause I have never done this before and I prefere testing it a bit more before doing it in a live enviroment)

Kind regards,
Armand Krijgsman