v6 work well?

Regards,
Kristian Larsson
BigIron 4k and IPv6 [ In reply to ]
I also am curious as to anyone that has deployed IPv6 on Foundry. We are
running OSPF as our IGP so I know that I need to go to V3, but not sure
what code supports it. Also any other operational advice.

Thanks in advance,

Todd Christell
Network Manager
SpringNet
www.springnet.net
417.831.8688
Key fingerprint = 4F26 A0B4 5AAD 7FCA 48DD 7F40 A57E 9235 5202 D508

BigIron 4k and IPv6 [ In reply to ]
* kristian at juniks.net (Kristian Larsson) [Mon 07 Nov 2005, 19:44 CET]:
>I would like to hear about peoples experiences with the BigIron 4k and
>IPv6.

It will forward all IPv6 packets in software.

>The only mentioning of v6 in the CLI is ipv6-proto vlan which I don't
>really know what to do with, seems I am unable to set an address.

That creates a "protocol vlan" for ethertype 0x86dd, as I understand it.

>What firmware versions are you guys running, does v6 work well?

I'm not routing IPv6 on Foundry equipment, but you'll need at least
version 7.7.

http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/srIPv6/IPv6_Getting_Started.html

-- Niels.

BigIron 4k and IPv6 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:58:10PM +0100, Niels Bakker wrote:
> * kristian at juniks.net (Kristian Larsson) [Mon 07 Nov 2005, 19:44 CET]:
> >I would like to hear about peoples experiences with the BigIron 4k and
> >IPv6.
>
> It will forward all IPv6 packets in software.
That's alright, for now. I'm looking at ~20Mbps
which I'm sure it can do with process switching,
right?

> >The only mentioning of v6 in the CLI is ipv6-proto vlan which I don't
> >really know what to do with, seems I am unable to set an address.
>
> That creates a "protocol vlan" for ethertype 0x86dd, as I understand it.
And what do I do then? ;)

> >What firmware versions are you guys running, does v6 work well?
>
> I'm not routing IPv6 on Foundry equipment, but you'll need at least
> version 7.7.
I'm running 7.8.00k (B2P7800k). Should I be using
something else?