Mailing List Archive

Getting configuration files via SNMP
Hello!

I would like to periodicaly do a copy of switch configs via SNMP. It
works fine on Cisco, Zyxel and D-Link but I can't get it to work on
Extreme (x670):

snmpset -v 2c -m /usr/share/snmp/mibs/extreme.txt -c $COMMUNITY $IP
.1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.10.1.2.1.10.1 i 6
snmpset -v 2c -m /usr/share/snmp/mibs/extreme.txt -c $COMMUNITY $IP
.1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.10.1.2.1.10.1 i 5
snmpset -v 2c -m /usr/share/snmp/mibs/extreme.txt -c $COMMUNITY $IP
.1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.10.1.2.1.2.1 a 1.2.3.4
snmpset -v 2c -m /usr/share/snmp/mibs/extreme.txt -c $COMMUNITY $IP
.1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.10.1.2.1.3.1 string switch.config
snmpset -v 2c -m /usr/share/snmp/mibs/extreme.txt -c $COMMUNITY $IP
.1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.10.1.2.1.4.1 i 4
snmpset -v 2c -m /usr/share/snmp/mibs/extreme.txt -c $COMMUNITY $IP
.1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.10.1.2.1.10.1 i 1
snmpset -v 2c -m /usr/share/snmp/mibs/extreme.txt -c $COMMUNITY $IP
.1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.10.1.2.1.6.1 i 1

Unfortunately I get:

root@sauron:/tmp# ./extreme.sh
Error in packet.
Reason: noCreation (That table does not support row creation or that
object can not ever be created)
Failed object: EXTREME-FILETRANSFER-MIB::extremeFileTransferRowStatus.1

Error in packet.
Reason: noCreation (That table does not support row creation or that
object can not ever be created)
Failed object: EXTREME-FILETRANSFER-MIB::extremeFileTransferRowStatus.1

Error in packet.
Reason: noCreation (That table does not support row creation or that
object can not ever be created)
Failed object: EXTREME-FILETRANSFER-MIB::extremeFileTransferServerAddress.1

Error in packet.
Reason: noCreation (That table does not support row creation or that
object can not ever be created)
Failed object: EXTREME-FILETRANSFER-MIB::extremeFileTransferFileName.1

Error in packet.
Reason: noCreation (That table does not support row creation or that
object can not ever be created)
Failed object: EXTREME-FILETRANSFER-MIB::extremeFileTransferOperation.1

Error in packet.
Reason: noCreation (That table does not support row creation or that
object can not ever be created)
Failed object: EXTREME-FILETRANSFER-MIB::extremeFileTransferRowStatus.1

Error in packet.
Reason: noCreation (That table does not support row creation or that
object can not ever be created)
Failed object:
EXTREME-FILETRANSFER-MIB::extremeFileTransferStartAdminStatus.1

Could you help? I am aware of InSite XML SDK and cron, but I would like
to do it that way if it is possible.

Thanks!

--
Micha³ Margula, alchemyx@uznam.net.pl, http://alchemyx.uznam.net.pl/
"W ¿yciu piêkne s± tylko chwile" [Ryszard Riedel]
Re: Getting configuration files via SNMP [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 01:42:55PM +0100, Micha? Margula wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would like to periodicaly do a copy of switch configs via SNMP. It
> works fine on Cisco, Zyxel and D-Link but I can't get it to work on
> Extreme (x670):
> [...]

I have not ever used Extreme MIB for that. Actually I don't remember why...
Maybe I got the same problem, maybe XOS didn't provide SNMP OIDs for that
earlier. Instead I'm using Perl script based on Net::Telnet CPAN module.
It just runs across my Extreme boxes and executes 'upload configuration'
command.

--
MINO-RIPE
Re: Getting configuration files via SNMP [ In reply to ]
W dniu 20.11.2013 15:34, Alexander Shikoff pisze:

> I have not ever used Extreme MIB for that. Actually I don't remember why...
> Maybe I got the same problem, maybe XOS didn't provide SNMP OIDs for that
> earlier. Instead I'm using Perl script based on Net::Telnet CPAN module.
> It just runs across my Extreme boxes and executes 'upload configuration'
> command.

I see. Currently I use UPM with some scripting. It works fine also.

Thanks!