SFlow - how reliable and stable it is ?
hello,

We are considering SFlow statistics collection from X650 switches.
However - what experience with SFlow some of you have in a meaning of
traffic/CPU load ?

I don't want to have EAPS flapping because of SFlow load...

Regards,
Marcin

Re: SFlow - how reliable and stable it is ? [ In reply to ]
On 07/08/13 12:34, Marcin Kuczera wrote:
> hello,

> We are considering SFlow statistics collection from X650 switches.
> However - what experience with SFlow some of you have in a meaning of
> traffic/CPU load ?

> I don't want to have EAPS flapping because of SFlow load...

Have done sFlow + EAPS on X650s before now with no problems, though the
EAPS rings were relatively small (5ish devices).

As far as I know sFlow sampling is done in hardware. We've been doing
sFlow sampling for a long time and the only issue I remember was sFlow
duplicating each packet it sampled, but that way back (XOS 12.1 or maybe
even XOS 11) and got fixed pretty quickly.

--
Robert Kerr