Mailing List Archive

Re: multicast issues (Marcin Kuczera)
Hi Marcin,

What is really your problem? Do you have issue when an EAPS topology change occurs ? If so, do you have the multicast support enabled on EAPS ?

------------------------------
>Protection protocol - EAPS
>And, still we have some problems with multicasts.

Rgds,

Stephane

Re: multicast issues (Marcin Kuczera) [ In reply to ]
Stéphane Grosjean wrote:
> Hi Marcin,
>

> What is really your problem? Do you have issue when an EAPS topology change occurs ? If so, do you have the multicast support enabled on EAPS ?

well, since eaps implementation we didn't have any topology changes.
this is our default eaps scheme:
EAPS Enabled: Yes
EAPS Fast-Convergence: Off
EAPS Display Config Warnings: On
EAPS Multicast Add Ring Ports: Off
EAPS Multicast Send IGMP Query: On
EAPS Multicast Temporary Flooding: Off
EAPS Multicast Temporary Flooding Duration: 15 sec

If you can suggest something in our case, that we use IPTV based on
multicasts - I'll appreciate.

At the moment, after several changes (i.e. I have changed last member
leave timeout to 2000ms because access switches have it 2000) we wait
for some feedback.
I have also removed iptv vlan from "hanging" ports connected to routers,
however without any mapping on routers.

I'am also wondering about allowing only IP+ARP on IPTV vlans..

Regards,
Marcin