Mailing List Archive

IPTV / IGMP issues
hello,

we are having some strange issues with our IPTV service.

Service provider is external, connected in this way:

ProvidersPIM(cisco)---SummitX650---OurPIM(redback)---SummitX650---otherL2devices..

So, now we have some STB (zyxel) that have problems joining some
multicast groups when config is like that:

OurPIM-X650-X450-STB
OurPIM-X650-X450-EPON-STB (epon from corecess)
OurPIM-X650-X450-whatever-DES3526 from dlink (whatever is DGS3100-TG or
X450, both results the same)

We are having NO problems when config is like that:

OurPIM-X650-X450-DES3526-STB
OurPIM-X650-Summit400-STB
OurPIM-X650-Summit400-EPON-STB
OurPIM-X650-X450-whatever-DES3028-STB

IGMP settings on all switches are the same:
IGMP:
Query Interval: 125 sec
Max Response Time: 10 sec
Last Member Query: 1 sec
Robustness: 2

IGMP Snooping:
Router Timeout: 260 sec
Host Timeout: 260 sec
Igmp Snooping Fast Leave Time: 2000 ms
Igmp Snooping Flag: forward-all-router
Igmp Snooping Flood-list: none
Igmp Snooping Proxy: Enable
Igmp Snooping Forwarding-mode: (SourceIP, GroupIP, VlanId)

Igmp Snooping Filters: per-port

the only difference from default is LeaveTime - 2000ms - same as on
DLINK by default. Without that we were having regular out-of-order events.

On what parameters should we pay attention on ???
What could go wrong ?

Regards,
Marcin
Re: IPTV / IGMP issues [ In reply to ]
Marcin Kuczera wrote:
> hello,
>
> we are having some strange issues with our IPTV service.
>
> Service provider is external, connected in this way:
>
> ProvidersPIM(cisco)---SummitX650---OurPIM(redback)---SummitX650---otherL2devices..
>

> So, now we have some STB (zyxel) that have problems joining some
> multicast groups when config is like that:
>
> OurPIM-X650-X450-STB

This had been resolved...
The problem is, when port is STP enabled. Zyxel's STB gets crazy
receiving BPDU packets...
So, disabling STP on STB untagged port - resolved this problem.

Still researching others...
Regards,
Marcin