Ken
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Extreme VLAN Stats via SNMP [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Ken Wong wrote:

> Is there a way to collect stats on a per vlan basis using SNMP on a
> Black Diamond?

Not that I'm aware of, I don't think there is a hook for per-vlan counters
in the Inferno chipset.

It's something that quite a lot of people have been asking vendors for in
various ways for some time on "sub-interfaces" (ATM, Frame, dot1q
interfaces).

Mike
--
Mike Hughes Chief Technical Officer London Internet Exchange
mike@linx.net http://www.linx.net/
Extreme VLAN Stats via SNMP [ In reply to ]

SMON seems to be the ticket for collecting per vlan stats, but I've not
been able to read the SMON MIB with anything but 0's.

Anyone with luck running SMON on the BD?