hello,

Well, I don't know all the abbreviation, but - is there a possibility to
bind 2 gigabit ports together and make them to be something like
etherchannel ?

I need to do a mirroring on a vlan, where up+down is more than 1G.

EW7.6

Regardsm,
Marcin
Re: etherchannel in ExtremeWare ? [ In reply to ]
Hello,
Replied in-line.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Marcin Kuczera <marcin@leon.pl> wrote:

> hello,
>
> Well, I don't know all the abbreviation, but - is there a possibility to
> bind 2 gigabit ports together and make them to be something like
> etherchannel ?

Yes it's possible by using LACP / address based or the other respective
aggregation methods at the other layers.

> I need to do a mirroring on a vlan, where up+down is more than 1G.

When done with link aggregation you can implement the shared port in the
mirroring configuration.

> EW7.6

Uhm ... haven't tested it off this version BUT would be nice to try and find
out if you can have the above tried out though am quite should it's
something you can achieve from the XOS 12.x and above.

Ronald Nsubuga,
skype: nsptash

"I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble"
Re: etherchannel in ExtremeWare ? [ In reply to ]
enable sharing 3 grouping 3-10
and all configurations that is done on port 3 will be valid for this
etherchannel

Re: etherchannel in ExtremeWare ? [ In reply to ]
xdsgrrr wrote:
> enable sharing 3 grouping 3-10
> and all configurations that is done on port 3 will be valid for this
> etherchannel

ok, finally I'am going to use it on passive CWDM system with simple
transponders (in fact, ethernet converters).
Now, there is my question:

- port 4:1 and 4:2 are load sharing, both 1000BaseT.
What happens if port 4:1 goes down ?
will the transmission run non interrupted via port 4:2 ? (with
insufficient bandwith)

Ok, let's say, that one of the links goes down, but physically 4:1 and
4:2 are UP - as I understand, I should use LACP to keep it running
correctly via remaining link ?

Regards,
Marcin