people even post to the list again yet?

Chris Thompson
Email: cet1@cam.ac.uk
Re: ONTAP 6.2.1 vs 6.2R2D6 vs ??? [ In reply to ]
I got some helpful advice from people in NetApp on this one. If
anyone else is thinking along the same lines, they might like to
know of the existence of 6.2.1D1 which is just 6.2.1 plus a fix
for 75012 (the CA-2002-19 thing). 6.2.1D1 isn't mentioned in the
Bugs Online entry for 75012 yet, nor can it be downloaded from
now.netapp.com, but it does exist and you should be able to get
hold of it if you ask nicely!

Chris Thompson
Email: cet1@cam.ac.uk
Re: ONTAP 6.2.1 vs 6.2R2D6 vs ??? [ In reply to ]
Actually, you can download any of the debug versions of Ontap from their
ftp site.

~JK

--
=====================
Jeff Kennedy
Re: ONTAP 6.2.1 vs 6.2R2D6 vs ??? [ In reply to ]
jlkennedy@amcc.com (Jeff Kennedy) writes:

> Actually, you can download any of the debug versions of Ontap from their
> ftp site.

I was actually told to get 6.2.1D1 from ftp.netapp.com, but wasn't entirely
sure that this was meant to be public knowledge.

There's also the problem that downloading from ftp.netapp.com is 100-1000
times as slow as downloading from now.netapp.com. It was a really painful
business fetching the 42 MB tar file, I can tell you!

Chris Thompson
Email: cet1@cam.ac.uk
Re: ONTAP 6.2.1 vs 6.2R2D6 vs ??? [ In reply to ]
Slower, but better than not having it at all...

I would think that if it wasn't meant for public consumption it wouldn't
be on an anonymous ftp server.

~JK

--
Jeff Kennedy