Mailing List Archive

Veritas Netbackup 4.5 - browsing filer resources over NDMP
Last two days we spent on configuration of Veritas Netbackup 4.5 for NDMP
backups of NetApp filer. It is not simple task because documentation on this
topis is very obscure. However we managed to work NDMP backups and restores
in two different scenarios. But there is one feature unclear for me:
Defining backup policies one should type source of backup (AFAIK only
volumes and qtrees are allowed). There is browse button that should enable
browsing of filer resources but it does not seem to work. Sniffer shows that
NB is trying to locate resources over Veritas proprietary TCP ports not
NDMP. Is there any way to make it using NDMP or the only way is to type the
full path manually?

Best regards,

Jacek Nogala

Jacek Nogala __________