a different filer and use the volume?

Same question but with multiple shelves (assuming that I move the
whole set)?

<scw>
-----
Stephen C. Woods; UCLA SEASnet; 2567 Boelter hall; LA CA 90095; (310)-825-8614
Unless otherwise noted these statements are my own, Not those of the
University of California. Internet mail:scw@seas.ucla.edu
Re: Self contained shelves moving between filers [ In reply to ]
Stephen C. Woods wrote:
> If I have a storage shelf with a raidgroup and a volume (say vol3)
> on it (completely self contained), can I take the shelf and plug it into
> a different filer and use the volume?

sure. it's best of the volume you move is not the root volume ;-)
they will appear as a "foreign volume", and will initially come up off-line.
you can on-line it, and rename it as needed.

in the on-line 6.2 doc set, look at
http://FILER-WHERE-YOU-INSTALLED-THE-DOCS/na_admin/doc/html/sag/data-or9.htm#1252448

> Same question but with multiple shelves (assuming that I move the
> whole set)?

works. but be very sure about what spindles are in what volume.
-skottie

--

Scott Miller | Animation Technology
work: skottie@dreamworks.com | Dreamworks Feature Animation