Mailing List Archive

Share Connection State after Renaming the Directory
Hi NetApp Toasters:
I am having an issue with a Share Connection that still stays connected
after renaming the subdirectory that the share is using.
For example if c:\vol\vol1\test is shared out as sharetest on filer1 and the
test directory is renamed to c:\vol\vol1\test.old the share is still
accessible.
You should get an error that the share is not accessible. The only way
around this is to stop the share and recreate it. In fact I thought it
might be the workstation cache so I reboot the workstation and the same
thing happens. I also tried this on several workstation OS's - NT 4.0, XP
Prof. and Win2K but they all have no problem connecting.

In Windows NT you get an Error Message that the share is not accessible if
you rename the directory.

If anyone has any information that would be great

Thanks
David