Mailing List Archive

TSM backup of Netapp Filers
Hello Toasters

Is there anybody out there using TSM for backup of filers, we have a case
with a customer which experince problems with TSM backup.
They are using Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) to back up qtrees on the Netapp
filer. TSM is based on a client/server relationship, that means
a W2K server running client software is able to communicate with a TSM
server running under AIX over TCP/IP protocol. And they are backing
up the filer via mapped drives from a W2K server (client).
The error message we get are "Invalid file handle", and "Internal program
error". As far as we understand this must be a problem with the
backup client, but we can't be sure and we are not familiar with TSM at all.

Any help would be appreciated

TSM Release, and W2K
- TSM server version 4, release 2, level 1.9, running under AIX
- TSM client version 4, release 2, level 1.30
- W2K client w/SP3

Best Regards

Asbjørn Bjørkelund
Systems Engineer
ProAct Systems AS

Hilsen / Best Regards

Asbjørn Bjørkelund
Systems Engineer
ProAct Systems AS
Phone +47 51842010
Mobile +47 932 30623
Fax +47 51560647
RE: TSM backup of Netapp Filers [ In reply to ]
Is there an error number associated with the message "Invalid file handle",
and "Internal program error?

TSM use to be called ADSM, so if you are searching the web, you might find
information under ADSM.
Here are some sites to try.
The TSM web site is http://www.tivoli.com, then go to storage. Support is
http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/tivolimain.html
If you don't find an answer here, you might try the ADSM (TSM) list server.

To subscribe send e-mail to:
LISTSERV@VM.MARIST.EDU - containing the text:
SUBscribe adsm-l <full_name>

To send mail to all the users of the ADSM (now TSM) list server use the
ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU address.