be). Does it get better if I have parallel NDMP sessions going?
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@risc.org)
Re: ndmpcopy performance on F740 [ In reply to ]
Brian,

I have seen 6.5MBytes between an F760 and an F820.

Are you using UDP or TCP? And (ignorant question) is Fast ethernet Gigabit
or 100Mbit?

Joe

Re: ndmpcopy performance on F740 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Joseph Bishop wrote:

> I have seen 6.5MBytes between an F760 and an F820.

Ick.

> Are you using UDP or TCP?

This is using NDMP (not NFS), so I'm guessing it is a TCP
connection between the two filers.

> And (ignorant question) is Fast ethernet Gigabit or 100Mbit?

"Fast Ethernet" is 100 Mbps. I am able to write at over 10 MB/sec
via NFS to the very same filer, and the CPU isn't pegged near 100%, so
I'm guessing that the code path that handles NDMP writes in DOT isn't
nearly as efficient as the NFS code.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@risc.org)