change serial number. Because if ? can change serial number with old ones ?
can use old license key.

Sent from: http://network-appliance-toasters.10978.n7.nabble.com/

Re: Change Serial Number [ In reply to ]
You sometimes can sweet talk NA Support and have them make the change if you call and explain the situation, assuming the controller was replaced by NetApp Support Services in the first place.

But that said, licenses are not end-user transferable unless the system is being acquired during a company acquisition or some preexisting agreement with NetApp. NetApp licenses the software to the end-user for use on that specific controller. Super lame when it comes to resale, but they are a software company trying to monetize their products.

Thank you,
Richard Paddock | Enterprise Account Manager
Direct: (510) 610-6936 | rp@berkcom.com<https://mail.berkcom.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=J1SCfufhhbNYTAwbU-GStF0d3FqEHJj210TOe23egthAWz66A-zUCA..&URL=https%3a%2f%2fmail.berkcom.com%2fowa%2fredir.aspx%3fC%3d260857787234466aacc419e5dade347d%26URL%3dmailto%253arp%2540berkcom.com>

BERKCOM