Mailing List Archive

9.4 oddness
Hi toasters

We recently upgraded all our netapps to 9.4, from 9.3

Now we see something. The volumes we previously flagged as unprotected
under SVM-DR are now displaying as "protected". The only volumes
which show as "unprotected" are the root volumes.

In reality, the volumes we had previously flagged as "unprotected"
still seem to be unprotected, that is they are not being
snapmirrored to the destination SVM.

This is causing a few issues with our monitoring of our protection
status.

Has anybody seen this or know something about it?

Also, the "volume show" man page does not mention the protection
flag, but does display it when asked. I do not know if
the man page on 9.3 documented the flag or not. I assume it did
else I would not know about it.

Regards,
pdg

Peter Gray Ph (direct): +61 2 4221 3770
Information Management & Technology Services Ph (switch): +61 2 4221 3555
University of Wollongong Fax: +61 2 4229 1958
Wollongong NSW 2522 Email: pdg@uow.edu.au
Australia URL: http://pdg.uow.edu.au