Mailing List Archive

Deswizzle: How far behind is it??
Is there a way to tell how many snapmirror updates behind deswizzle is? _________________________________Jeff MohlerTech Yahoo, Storage Architect, Principal(831)454-6712
YPAC Gold Member
Twitter: @PrincipalYahoo
CorpIM:  Hipchat & Iris
Re: Deswizzle: How far behind is it?? [ In reply to ]
deswizzle restarts on each snapmirror update, so to check if
deswizzle is running behind, make sure `wafl scan status` shows no
deswizzles running before the next snapmirror update.

You can check what snapshot deswizzle is working on by using `snap
status` to get the snapid, but it should always be on the last
snapmirror snapshot.

John

Re: Deswizzle: How far behind is it?? [ In reply to ]
On 2017-04-04 22:35, John Clear wrote:
> deswizzle restarts on each snapmirror update, so to check if
> deswizzle is running behind, make sure `wafl scan status` shows no
> deswizzles running before the next snapmirror update.

To my knowledge there's no way to understand the ETA (for finish) of a
deswizzler WAFL scanner. It depends, on a few factors. The major one is the
inode density -- it walks inodes...

This is not in any way an answer or a clue to Jeff's original Q:

> Is there a way to tell how many snapmirror updates behind deswizzle is?

But still :-)

/M