Mailing List Archive

cDOT 8.2.x, NDMP & NetBackup 7.7.3?
Hi all,

Planning an upgrade of Netbackup to 7.7.3 to hopefully get us some
proper NDMP support at the SVM level in cDOT 8.2.3P6. Any takers? Or
should we try to jump to Netbackup 8.x instead?

John
Re: cDOT 8.2.x, NDMP & NetBackup 7.7.3? [ In reply to ]
John> Planning an upgrade of Netbackup to 7.7.3 to hopefully get us
John> some proper NDMP support at the SVM level in cDOT 8.2.3P6. Any
John> takers? Or should we try to jump to Netbackup 8.x instead?

Well, we didn't jump to Netbackup 8.x because we would need to upgrade
our Cluster from 8.2.x to 8.3.x first to get Cluster Aware Backups
(CAB) using NDMP. What a total pain.

Has anyone gotten Netbackup 7.7.3 and cDOT 8.2 to use NDMP on created
snapshots for backups? I don't want to let the Netapp pick the names,
because I need to snapshot two volumes as close together as possible,
without regards to the Netbackup status or the availability of tape
drives to NDMP to. I can dump one after another if I have named
snapshots.

I've tried setting up the Netbackup policy with the Backup Selection
of:

/vserver/volume/.snapshot/backup_snap

but it fails. I do have a script which currently creates flexclones
of the two volumes, but it worked for two days, then started bombing
out again because for whatever reason it seems to think that the path
doesn't exist any more.

Any one else running down this rabbit hole?

John