Thanks for your input.

Regards,

/dev/null
Re: Master and Slave NIS Servers [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 10:06:33PM -0400, devnull@adc.idt.com wrote:
> I just installed a F810 with 6.1.2.R3, couldnt find a way to add BOTH my
> Master NIS server and my Slave NIS server to the NIS settings.

Put a comma between them...ie:

options nis.servers 127.0.0.1,127.0.1.2,x.x.x.x

Cool?

--
Mike Horwath Admin & Manager @ VISI.com WORK: drechsau@visi.com
IRC: Drechsau http://www.visi.com/ HOME: drechsau@geeks.org
Re: Master and Slave NIS Servers [ In reply to ]
rsh <filer> options nis.servers <MasterIP>,<SlaveIP>

You may have to update the rc file by hand; I can never remember which
files update automatically and which ones I have to edit.

Geoff Hardin
UNIX System Administrator
Dallas Semiconductor
geoff.hardin@dalsemi.com