Geoff Hardin
geoff.hardin@dalsemi.com
Difficulty is the excuse history never accepts.
RE: moving files between filers [ In reply to ]
If the development data is on a separate volume from the production data you
can do a volcopy which works quite well. There is an option to turn up the
throttle of the volcopy to 10 (max) on source filer. The destination volume
must be offline when the data is being copied and it will write over
anything on the destination volume.

If the dev and prod data is on the same volume, I've always used tar and
directed the output to a nfs mounted filesystem from another filer.

Marilyn
Next Level Communications