Mailing List Archive

Location of nessusrc file from Command Line
I just tried to create a Config File from the command line and can't seem to
find it. It says that it created it but where did it go? (nessus -q -m
server 1241 userID)

I've also tried to modify one that I already had and force the command line
client to use it with no luck.

Anyone know how to disable the NMAP from the command line? I have a router
that doesn't like it too much and takes a LONG time to complete if I don't
disable it. I'm gradually trying to batch my monthly scans.

Here is the command I tried:

nessus -T html -c /home/admin/noNmaprc NessusSVR 1241 UserID
/home/admin/targets.in /home/admin/report.out

Here is the config file I modified that is referenced above:

# This file was automagically created by nessus
nessusd_host = NessusSVR
nessusd_user = UserID
begin(SCANNER_SET)
Ping the remote host = yes
TCP Ping the remote host = no
TCP SYN scan = no
FTP bounce scan = no
Nmap tcp connect() scan = no
Nmap = no
end(SCANNER_SET)

begin(PLUGINS_PREFS)
end(PLUGINS_PREFS)

Thanks,

Todd

This electronic message may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity named as recipients in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message, and do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information it contains. Thank you.