Mailing List Archive

Importing .nsr output into Excel
Re: Importing .nsr output into Excel [ In reply to ]
"Mike Batchelor" <mikebat@tmcs.net> writes:

> I'm sure this is addressed in the archives, but.... they're not
> available.
> Apologies for what is likely a FAQ.

Not so sure. Is there a FAQ, by the way?

> Has anybody put together a worksheet template which knows what to do with the
> .nsr data, and can I have a copy? :)

I just wrote this NSR to DIF converter. Maybe it's buggy. I just made
a small try with Star Office.

DIF = Data Interchange Format. Should be understood by any
spreadsheet.

In case you are running Zindoz, you'll have to install Perl first
(e.g. from Cygwin) , and open a DOS (or bash) window.

nsr2dif.pl < anything.nsr > something.dif

--
mailto:arboi@bigfoot.com http://www.bigfoot.com/~arboi/
GPG Public keys: http://www.bigfoot.com/~arboi/pubkey.txt
Re: Importing .nsr output into Excel [ In reply to ]
Michel Arboi <arboi@noos.fr> writes:

> Maybe it's buggy.

It *is* :-(
DIF format does not like LF inside strings.
I added one line and double check with Excel and Star Office, it looks
all right now.
BTW, under Windows (at least mine) *.dif are associated to "Quick
time". But there is no problem opening them with Excel.

I alsoput a copyright. I forgot how this may be important :)