hello all

i want to know how i see my plugins are update to my nessus installation, and freqency of update

thanks
Re: update my plugin [ In reply to ]
Kermito le kermit wrote:

> hello all
>
> i want to know how i see my plugins are update to my nessus
> installation, and freqency of update

You don't write if you are using Windows or Linux/Unix, so I can only guess!

On my Nessux box I do this

user@nessus:~$ cat /var/lib/nessus/plugins/plugin_feed_info.inc

And the first line in that says

PLUGIN_SET = "200812220034";

That tells me that the plugins are from last night.

I update the set every night.

--

Jesper S. Jensen
Re: update my plugin [ In reply to ]
Kermito le kermit wrote:
> hello all
>
> i want to know how i see my plugins are update to my nessus installation, and freqency of update

If you are using Windows, you can set the frequency of the plugin
updates to some number of hours in the 'Nessus Server Configuration'
tool. On Unix, there is a setting in the nessusd.conf file called
auto_update which enables Nessus to obtain plugins automatically.
This is described in the documentation here:

http://www.nessus.org/documentation/nessus_3.2_installation_guide.pdf

If you are using this for business, you should subscribe your
scanner to the Professional Feed and if you are a home user, please
subscribe to the home feed.

As for frequency of plugin updates, Tenable offers multiple RSS feeds
for all of our products here:

http://www.nessus.org/rss/

Choose the 'New Nessus Plugins' RSS feed and when new plugins are
available, you will be able to see this in your RSS reader.

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security