log file. The hosts in question are local to the scanner and are not any
specific class of script. It appears about 400 out of 24000+ scripts
return this message. What settings should I adjust - or should I look at
local issues such as LAN congestion or host processor utilization?
Thorough checks are turned off.
Can I adjust script time-outs?

Thanks,
Chris Stevens

RE: Deceased .nasl scripts [ In reply to ]
There's a global setting for plugin timeout, I think it's under the
Global Variable settings... As for the timeouts, it really depends on
the plugin and the network. Could be a host crashes/shuts
down/disconnects during the scan. Or an IPS is preventing the scan from
completing. Or the target has "issues", :)

--------
Jeff Mercer - CISO - Security Vulnerability Assessments