If anyone has one that would surely save me time.

Thanks,

Steven Bochniewicz
Re: Microsoft SMS Client Plugin [ In reply to ]
Bochniewicz, Steven (N-ABSI Corporation) wrote:
> Just before I go write one, I wanted to be sure there wasn't one out
> there... I searched the plugins couldn't find, SMS or "Microsoft Systems
> Management Server"
>

> If anyone has one that would surely save me time.

Hi Steven,

Write a plugin to do what? Find SMS servers, scan them for vulnerabilities,
scan for missing patches, find systems being managed by SMS, .etc?

Ron

RE: Microsoft SMS Client Plugin [ In reply to ]
Ron,
To see if the SMS client is installed, Our baseline uses SMS to update
and control the workstations, but some people seem to remove the SMS
client, I basically want to be able to scan all the systems and report
if the SMS client is installed.

-Steve

Re: Microsoft SMS Client Plugin [ In reply to ]
Bochniewicz, Steven (N-ABSI Corporation) wrote:
> Ron,
> To see if the SMS client is installed, Our baseline uses SMS to update
> and control the workstations, but some people seem to remove the SMS
> client, I basically want to be able to scan all the systems and report
> if the SMS client is installed.

This would be a very good use of an audit file. If you can see where in
the registry or a running process is that indicates an installed SMS
client, write an audit policy to test for this.

Ron