from the command line I scan and save the results in nbe file and then
convert them to html or xml
The plugin output ( the existing version of a scanned file and what
should be) is missing from the description of the vulnerability in the
html file but this information is in the nbe file
Is there a limit of the text when converting to html ? Can it be increased ?

Thanks
Mishou
Re: Plugin output missing from html report [ In reply to ]
I tested and I found out that when the text from the Plugin output
contain \ it should be changed to \\
Example
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Srv.sys has not been patched\n to
C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\drivers\\Srv.sys has not been patched\n

Having the text from the plugin output like this create a proper html
file that include the path of the scanned file ,the detected version
and the expected one.

Is this something that can be easily done with a sed/awk command ?

Mishou

Re: Plugin output missing from html report [ In reply to ]
On Dec 4, 2008, at 2:09 PM, Mihai Petre wrote:

> I tested and I found out that when the text from the Plugin output
> contain \ it should be changed to \\
> Example
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Srv.sys has not been patched\n to
> C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\drivers\\Srv.sys has not been patched\n
>> running version 3.2.0 on 7.10 server

I believe this issue was fixed with 3.2.1. See http://list.nessus.org/pipermail/nessus-announce/2008-May/000007.html
.

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com

Re: Plugin output missing from html report [ In reply to ]
Thanks George for the info but even the new version truncate the output
I can send you the nbe file to play with it if you need it

Mishou

Re: Plugin output missing from html report [ In reply to ]
On Dec 4, 2008, at 3:04 PM, Mihai Petre wrote:

> Thanks George for the info but even the new version truncate the
> output
> I can send you the nbe file to play with it if you need it

You're welcome to send it to me directly, but better would be to open
up a problem ticket with our support group if you're a Tenable
customer or file a bug in our bug tracking system, http://bugs.nessus.org/
.

George
--