Mailing List Archive

nessus result to db ?
hello,

is there any existing tools to take a nessus result and then push it in a
database ?
(or I need to parse the whole nsr file, etc)
thanks.
Re: nessus result to db ? [ In reply to ]
I believe the Tenable Security Center keeps stuff in it's own database.

the inprotect project has a database back end, you could probably grab some
of their tools. there's another tool from argonne national lab that is
similar (web interface to nessus) that I can't remmeber the name of.

nbe files are also extremely easy to parse. about a days worth of work and
you should have something passable in python or perl. there are several perl
modules at http://search.cpan.org/search?query=nessus&mode=all to give you a
hand.

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 6:29 AM, nexact <nexact@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
>
> is there any existing tools to take a nessus result and then push it in a
> database ?
> (or I need to parse the whole nsr file, etc)
> thanks.

Doug Nordwall
Unix, Network, and Security Administrator
on MMORPGs
Re: nessus result to db ? [ In reply to ]
Doug Nordwall wrote:
> I believe the Tenable Security Center keeps stuff in it's own database.

Actually, we don't use a database for the Security Center or any of our
log analysis tools. Its one less thing someone has to maintain and we
have really good performance on regular hardware.

Ron

Re: nessus result to db ? [ In reply to ]
I stand corrected. I have a guy at work who will use this as a reason that
security center is superior :)